MONTPELIER — A former Vermont environmental lobbyist who died in December is being honored by state lawmakers.
Joan Mulhern was the subject of a resolution approved by the House on Friday.
Mulhern — a lobbyist with the Vermont Public Interest Research Group during the 1990s — worked to expand the state’s bottle bill and to reduce the amounts of mercury and chlorofluorocarbons in the environment.
She went on to work as a lobbyist in Washington for the group Earth Justice.
Mulhern died in December after a long illness. She was 51.MORE IN Vermont NewsThe Legislative Committee on Administrative Rules voted Thursday to certify its earlier rejection... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation