Joan FarnhamMarch 23,2013Joan Farnham
LARGO, Fla. — Joan Farnham (nee Hitzel), age 90, died peacefully in her home on March 19, 2013.
A loving wife, mother, grandmother and great-grandmother, Joan was preceded in death by her husband, Charles Farnham Jr. and her daughter, Fabian Shapiro.
Born in New Jersey, raised and educated in Vermont, she is survived by her daughters, Sheridan Farnham Snell (Richard) and Cassandra Farnham Gaenger (Paul); and her sons, Charles Farnham III (Kathleen) and Seward J. Farnham (Caris); also by 8 grandchildren and 6 great-grandchildren.
Joan was a teacher in the Schenectady, N.Y., public school system. She was an accomplished artist and a world traveler.
A celebration of her life will be held at St. Jerome’s Church on Hamlin Boulevard, Largo, Florida, at 11 a.m. on Saturday, March 23, 2013.
In lieu of flowers, donations can be made to The Salvation Army or the A.S.P.C.A.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Jim Jeffords' legacy, Brandon takes a few questions about proposed budget, beleaguered city playground likely to move, woman awakes to find strange man with knives standing at her bedside.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Former U.S. Senator James Jeffords dies Monday in Washington D.C., a local man is beaten and robbed while walking on West Street, Clarendon sets a tax rate and Brandon convenes an informational public meeting about its budget.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: State panel briefed on smuggling drugs into prisons; new French-German documentary about Vermont's heroin addiction; solar project at Vets Home falls apart; update dispute between Open Door Mission and treatment center.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Climatologists might not know as much about El Nino as they thought they knew. New studies show 10,000 years ago, El Nino was active, and polar ice sheets were rapidly melting — just like today.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: State colleges get a budget cut break, vandals spray paint Wallingford basketball court, state's attorney will replace lost deputies, cop lawsuit proceeds, Mendon mini-golf proposal makes headway.