Joan FarnhamMarch 23,2013Joan Farnham
LARGO, Fla. — Joan Farnham (nee Hitzel), age 90, died peacefully in her home on March 19, 2013.
A loving wife, mother, grandmother and great-grandmother, Joan was preceded in death by her husband, Charles Farnham Jr. and her daughter, Fabian Shapiro.
Born in New Jersey, raised and educated in Vermont, she is survived by her daughters, Sheridan Farnham Snell (Richard) and Cassandra Farnham Gaenger (Paul); and her sons, Charles Farnham III (Kathleen) and Seward J. Farnham (Caris); also by 8 grandchildren and 6 great-grandchildren.
Joan was a teacher in the Schenectady, N.Y., public school system. She was an accomplished artist and a world traveler.
A celebration of her life will be held at St. Jerome’s Church on Hamlin Boulevard, Largo, Florida, at 11 a.m. on Saturday, March 23, 2013.
In lieu of flowers, donations can be made to The Salvation Army or the A.S.P.C.A.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: America's feet getting bigger than ever, and Americans keep jamming their feet into small sized shoes. Wake up, America!
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Vanessa Williams resigns from Miss America pageant after Bob Guccione publishes nude photos of her in Penthouse magazine and Hefner takes the high road; on this day in 1995, Alan Hale and Thomas Bopp discover a new comet.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Brandon voters decide fate of proposed budget, calls to police for service on complaints have fallen to new low, city woman who spray painted a response to vandals on her sidewalk is cited for mischief.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: National survey ranks Vermont kids' well-being in second place, Springfield takes up anti-loitering ordinance, Rutland debate taxis, Fair Haven woman is arrested in Rutland for prostitution.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather and news: Research scientists say schizophrenia and marijuana use linked. Are marijuana smokers schizophrenic or are schizophrenics more disposed toward marijuana use?