City man charged in DUI crashMarch 22,2013Man facing a DUI
charge after crash
Vermont State Police said a Rutland man was intoxicated when he drove through a guardrail at the intersection of Cold River and Stratton roads in Rutland Town early Thursday.
Police, town firefighters and a Regional Ambulance Service crew were called just after 2 a.m. to the intersection, where a 2001 Ford Explorer went through a guardrail and over two large rocks before stopping.
The driver, James Fitzsimmons, 28, was taken to Rutland Regional Medical Center for what police described as unknown injuries. He was not listed as a patient at the hospital late Thursday afternoon, according to a hospital spokeswoman.
Fitzsimmons was processed for a drunken driving offense at the hospital, police said.
He was not wearing a seat belt, police said.MORE IN This Just InBy Erin Mansfield Full StoryThe Associated Press Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1618, English author, poet, soldier, adventurer Sir Walter Raleigh is beheaded for conspiring to overthrow King James I, but more likely to mollify offenses to Spain. His executioner has to implore him for silence.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1492, Italian explorer, admiral of the ocean sea, Christopher Columbus, sailing for the Spanish crown, 'discovers' Cuba; on this day in 1964, U.S. officials deny American involvement in bombing North Vietnam.
- Video: Fire engulfs house on Pine Street
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1936, Mrs. Wallis Warfield Spencer Simpson, mistress of King Edward VIII, is granted her second divorce, enabling her to marry the king. The government, the Church of England and the London Times have another idea.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: V-2 No. 13, launched this day in 1946 from White Sands, New Mexico, takes first photographs of Earth from the edge of the planet's outer atmosphere; 1947: Walt Disney testifies before HUAC, names employees he says are communists.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont's brand discussed at Killington, state's attorney candidates Marc Brierre and Rose Kennedy profiled, Curtis reports about Rutland police chief's new job, and four arrested, charged for heroin, crack sales.