City man charged in DUI crashMarch 22,2013Man facing a DUI
charge after crash
Vermont State Police said a Rutland man was intoxicated when he drove through a guardrail at the intersection of Cold River and Stratton roads in Rutland Town early Thursday.
Police, town firefighters and a Regional Ambulance Service crew were called just after 2 a.m. to the intersection, where a 2001 Ford Explorer went through a guardrail and over two large rocks before stopping.
The driver, James Fitzsimmons, 28, was taken to Rutland Regional Medical Center for what police described as unknown injuries. He was not listed as a patient at the hospital late Thursday afternoon, according to a hospital spokeswoman.
Fitzsimmons was processed for a drunken driving offense at the hospital, police said.
He was not wearing a seat belt, police said.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.