Man arrested in Vt. over stolen soccer moneyThe Associated Press | March 22,2013Vermont State Police have arrested a man wanted in Pennsylvania on suspicion of stealing over $20,000 from a youth soccer team.
Daniel Deets, former treasurer for the team, had not appeared at a preliminary hearing in Pennsylvania's Pike County on a charge of theft by unlawful taking. He was accused of using the team's money for personal purchases.
Pennsylvania troopers believed that Deets was living at a home in East Dorset, Vt.
When Vermont police arrived at the residence Thursday, the 38-year-old Deets was arrested without incident and charged as a fugitive from justice.
He was being arraigned today in Bennington County criminal court..
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Well diggers in Cardiff, New York, find what is thought to be the petrified body of a 10-foot-tall man, perfectly preserved after thousands of years, which becomes a popular roadside attraction until proven to be a fake.
- Pittsford Haunted House
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1720, 'Calico Jack' Rackham, Caribbean pirate and early feminist, known for recruiting women to his crew and for fabric decorating skills after creating 'Jolly Roger' flag, is captured by the British Royal Navy.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1307, King Phillip the Fair of France orders hundreds of Knights Templar rounded up and arrested, charged with heresy, tortured until they confess; on this day in 1917, thousands see miracle of Our Lady of Fatima.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont has a new state Supreme Court Justice; city hospital says it can save plenty by upgrading its lights and trucking in natural gas; Springfield has a new town manager, former West Rutland guy, Tom Yennerall.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Solarfest likely to be on hold until at least 2016, Great Dane involved in theft of an $89,000 shotgun leads police to the thieves, PSB will not reopen VGS pipeline case, prosecutors want evidence in body-packing drug case.