Man arrested in Vt. over stolen soccer moneyThe Associated Press | March 22,2013Vermont State Police have arrested a man wanted in Pennsylvania on suspicion of stealing over $20,000 from a youth soccer team.
Daniel Deets, former treasurer for the team, had not appeared at a preliminary hearing in Pennsylvania's Pike County on a charge of theft by unlawful taking. He was accused of using the team's money for personal purchases.
Pennsylvania troopers believed that Deets was living at a home in East Dorset, Vt.
When Vermont police arrived at the residence Thursday, the 38-year-old Deets was arrested without incident and charged as a fugitive from justice.
He was being arraigned today in Bennington County criminal court..
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: America's feet getting bigger than ever, and Americans keep jamming their feet into small sized shoes. Wake up, America!
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Vanessa Williams resigns from Miss America pageant after Bob Guccione publishes nude photos of her in Penthouse magazine and Hefner takes the high road; on this day in 1995, Alan Hale and Thomas Bopp discover a new comet.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Brandon voters decide fate of proposed budget, calls to police for service on complaints have fallen to new low, city woman who spray painted a response to vandals on her sidewalk is cited for mischief.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: National survey ranks Vermont kids' well-being in second place, Springfield takes up anti-loitering ordinance, Rutland debate taxis, Fair Haven woman is arrested in Rutland for prostitution.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather and news: Research scientists say schizophrenia and marijuana use linked. Are marijuana smokers schizophrenic or are schizophrenics more disposed toward marijuana use?