Man arrested in Vt. over stolen soccer moneyThe Associated Press | March 22,2013Vermont State Police have arrested a man wanted in Pennsylvania on suspicion of stealing over $20,000 from a youth soccer team.
Daniel Deets, former treasurer for the team, had not appeared at a preliminary hearing in Pennsylvania's Pike County on a charge of theft by unlawful taking. He was accused of using the team's money for personal purchases.
Pennsylvania troopers believed that Deets was living at a home in East Dorset, Vt.
When Vermont police arrived at the residence Thursday, the 38-year-old Deets was arrested without incident and charged as a fugitive from justice.
He was being arraigned today in Bennington County criminal court..MORE IN This Just InPEARL HARBOR, Hawaii — About 2,500 people gathered at Pearl Harbor on Saturday to remember those... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation