Woman in Vt. car crash says husband did itThe Associated Press | March 21,2013BENNINGTON ó Police say a woman crashed her car in Bennington while texting and then tried to blame the accident on her estranged husband.
Tanya Taylor, 30, pleaded not guilty to a felony count of impeding a public office and misdemeanor counts of false information to a police officer. She also pleaded not guilty to careless or negligent operation of a vehicle and leaving the scene of a crash with property damage.
Police responded to the crash Feb. 25. The car had a shattered windshield, tire damage, and the shape of what appeared to be a yellow highway sign on the hood. Taylor said her estranged husband had vandalized her car after the two argued.
She eventually said she crashed the car into a sign.MORE IN This Just InBELLOWS FALLS - A government merger between the village of Bellows Falls and the town of... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation