Sledding accident kills New York manMarch 21,2013Sledding accident
kills New York man
WEST DOVER — A New York man died after suffering head and neck injuries in a sledding accident at the Mount Snow Ski Area, police reported.
Jonathan Meyers, 28, had been sledding in the half-pipe at the Carinthia Base Lodge on Sunday.
Police said he descended the hill at a high speed before hitting a support post for the deck.
Meyers was attended to by Deerfield Valley Rescue but was pronounced dead shortly after.
Sledding is not permitted at the ski area.
Dover Police Chief Robert Edwards said Meyers and two friends got access to the half-pipe because it was dark and Mount Snow security “can’t be everywhere.”
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: No charges to be filed inconnection with crash of city police cruiser, farmers group turn to Internet to raise money for solar project, Street Talk polls passersby about legal marijuana.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1898, Nelson Miles leads American troops into Puerto Rico during Spanish-American War, Bob Dylan electrifies Newport Folk Festival in 1965, author and longshoreman Eric Hoffer born this day in 1902.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information for Friday, July 25, and easily digestible news tidbits: Mysterious enormous hole in the Siberian tundra baffles scientists.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Ever wonder why the otherwise straight-lined Appalachian chain's got a big crimp in it in Pennsylvania and and New York?
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Scott Milne opens campaign for governor's office, crime statistics fall in city, new home for homeless prevention center, traffic cameras are not watching you, capital panel hears testimony about protecting children.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: America's feet getting bigger than ever, and Americans keep jamming their feet into small sized shoes. Wake up, America!