Sledding accident kills New York manMarch 21,2013Sledding accident
kills New York man
WEST DOVER — A New York man died after suffering head and neck injuries in a sledding accident at the Mount Snow Ski Area, police reported.
Jonathan Meyers, 28, had been sledding in the half-pipe at the Carinthia Base Lodge on Sunday.
Police said he descended the hill at a high speed before hitting a support post for the deck.
Meyers was attended to by Deerfield Valley Rescue but was pronounced dead shortly after.
Sledding is not permitted at the ski area.
Dover Police Chief Robert Edwards said Meyers and two friends got access to the half-pipe because it was dark and Mount Snow security “can’t be everywhere.”MORE IN This Just InThe man charged in a hit-and-run crash that killed a pedestrian in Killington early Sunday... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation