Sledding accident kills New York manMarch 21,2013Sledding accident
kills New York man
WEST DOVER — A New York man died after suffering head and neck injuries in a sledding accident at the Mount Snow Ski Area, police reported.
Jonathan Meyers, 28, had been sledding in the half-pipe at the Carinthia Base Lodge on Sunday.
Police said he descended the hill at a high speed before hitting a support post for the deck.
Meyers was attended to by Deerfield Valley Rescue but was pronounced dead shortly after.
Sledding is not permitted at the ski area.
Dover Police Chief Robert Edwards said Meyers and two friends got access to the half-pipe because it was dark and Mount Snow security “can’t be everywhere.”MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: First televised nuclear test, Woody Harrelson's father claimed involvement in the JFK assassination, Immanuel Kant and William L. Shirer rave on and MIT researchers propose sea-borne nuclear power stations.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Accused child killer released on bail, protesters want him back behind bars, aldermen meet to vote on mayor's board nomination, 156 Vermont runners participate in Monday's Boston Marathon.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Soil beneath Greenland ice sheet predates dawn of mankind, Hitch faces true Hollawood problem head-on, Mark Twain on school boards, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Free Library director Paula Baker will retire at the end of the year, state Senate will vote on new minimum wage legislation and Bennington College graduates win Pulitzer Prizes.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.