Court hearing set for couple in teacher killingThe Associated Press | March 21,2013ST. JOHNSBURY — Nearly a year after the murder of a popular Vermont teacher, a court hearing will be held for the Waterford couple charged with her killing.
Lawyers for Patricia and Allen Prue are due in court Thursday afternoon for a status conference.
The couple is charged with luring Melissa Jenkins from her Danville home on March 25, 2012, beating and strangling her and dumping her body in the Connecticut River.
Thirty-one-year-old Allen Prue has pleaded not guilty to first-degree murder. Thirty-four-year-old Patricia Prue pleaded not guilty to a charge of aggravated murder, accusing her of killing Jenkins during a sexual assault or attempted sexual assault.
The court has ordered that the case be ready for trial no sooner than July of 2013.MORE IN This Just InComments Of Senator Patrick Leahy (D-Vt. Full StoryBURLINGTON - Vermont prosecutors and defense attorneys are in talks to settle charges filed... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation