Middletown Springs sets school budget revote for AprilBy Josh O'Gorman
Staff Writer | March 21,2013MIDDLETOWN SPRINGS - Voters will return to the polls in April to vote on a revised school budget with a 3 percent increase.
Wednesday night, The Middletown Springs School Board unanimously approved a proposed budget of $1,994,899 for fiscal year 2013-14. The budget is an increase of $58,276, or 3 percent, compared to the current budget of $1,936,623.
On Town Meeting Day and by a four-vote margin, voters defeated a proposed budget of $1,998,890. Voters will return to the polls from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. April 30. There will be an informational meeting at 6:30 p.m. April 29 at the school, which will be preceded by a light meal starting at 5:30 p.m.MORE IN This Just InPITTSFORD – The Select Board meets tonight at 6:30 to hear a presentation by Green Lantern... Full StoryTODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute. 0Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Gulf wildlife still dying from 2010 BP oil spill, Veena in Cabo San Lucas, Gertrude Stein on family living, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Police officer identified in deadly Brattleboro shooting, school consolidation boosters silent on savings, lawmakers nix legal marijuana for PTSD and scrap yard helps solve half-ton heist.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Coyotes are true American survivors, Veena on Narragansett Pier, Vladimir Nabokov in Paris.