Leonard F. Wing III RitesMarch 21,2013Leonard F. Wing III Rites
Funeral services for Leonard F. Wing, III, 62, of Rutland who died March 14, 2013, were held Monday, March 18, at Christ the King Church in Rutland. Officiating was the Rev. Luke Austin, parochial vicar of Corpus Christi Parish in St. Johnsbury.
Burial will be at a later date in Evergreen Cemetery.
William Gower Johnson was the organist.
Brytani Munuuka was the vocalist.
Readers were Amy Wing and Kirstin Wing.
Gift bearers were Cameron Clark and Caleb Wing.
The eulogy was offered by John Wing.
Bearers were brothers Christopher Wing, Timothy Wing, and John Wing, and sisters Mary Jane Soares, Patricia Bartenstein and Katrina Clark.
Arrangements were under the direction of Clifford Funeral Home in Rutland.
Contributions may be made to Leonard Wing Fund-CAP, Community Access Program, c/o Bob Czachor, PO Box 222, Rutland, VT 05702.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1944, U.S. begins B-29 bombing raids on Japanese main islands; in 1950, Great Appalachian Storm begins to form; 1963, Lee Oswald killed by Jack Ruby; 1974, D.B. Cooper hijacks Seattle-bound airliner; 1974, 'Lucy' found.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, striking Colo. miners attacked with machine guns by state police; 1877, Thomas Edison announces invention of the phonograph, 1959, Alan Freed fired by WABC 770 AM for accepting payola to promote records.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1863, President Abraham Lincoln delivers short speech in Gettysburg, Pa.; in 1984, a Pemex LNG facility destroyed by series of gas explosions, 600 people are killed; in 1998, Senate builds fire under Bill Clinton.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1831 – Independent South American super-state, Gran Colombia, dissolved; 1856 - Fort Buchanan built to control Apache warriors; 1970 - William Calley Jr. goes on trial after 1968 massacre at My Lai, Vietnam.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Wisconsin Sen. Joe McCarthy takes advantage of Cold War jitters and builds a tidy little fiefdom for himself on Capitol Hill. It's all good, but pride goes before you know darn well what. The junior senator is damaged going down.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, Leon Trotsky is expelled from the Soviet Communist Party, leaving Joseph Stalin in control of the Soviet Union; in 1970, Oregon DOT tries to dynamite a dead whale off a beach with a rather shocking result.