Leonard F. Wing III RitesMarch 21,2013Leonard F. Wing III Rites
Funeral services for Leonard F. Wing, III, 62, of Rutland who died March 14, 2013, were held Monday, March 18, at Christ the King Church in Rutland. Officiating was the Rev. Luke Austin, parochial vicar of Corpus Christi Parish in St. Johnsbury.
Burial will be at a later date in Evergreen Cemetery.
William Gower Johnson was the organist.
Brytani Munuuka was the vocalist.
Readers were Amy Wing and Kirstin Wing.
Gift bearers were Cameron Clark and Caleb Wing.
The eulogy was offered by John Wing.
Bearers were brothers Christopher Wing, Timothy Wing, and John Wing, and sisters Mary Jane Soares, Patricia Bartenstein and Katrina Clark.
Arrangements were under the direction of Clifford Funeral Home in Rutland.
Contributions may be made to Leonard Wing Fund-CAP, Community Access Program, c/o Bob Czachor, PO Box 222, Rutland, VT 05702.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1932, President Hoover orders the Army to evict bonus marchers from Anacostia Flats; author Malcolm Lowry born this day, as is Jackie Kennedy and Mike Bloomfield; Stephen Crane on consuming one's own heart.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Earth barely avoids being blasted by immense solar flare in 2012, astrophysicists say next time might not be so lucky.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1898, Nelson Miles leads American troops into Puerto Rico during Spanish-American War, Bob Dylan electrifies Newport Folk Festival in 1965, author and longshoreman Eric Hoffer born this day in 1902.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: No charges to be filed inconnection with crash of city police cruiser, farmers group turn to Internet to raise money for solar project, Street Talk polls passersby about legal marijuana.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information for Friday, July 25, and easily digestible news tidbits: Mysterious enormous hole in the Siberian tundra baffles scientists.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Ever wonder why the otherwise straight-lined Appalachian chain's got a big crimp in it in Pennsylvania and and New York?