March 27 deer
hearing is moved
MONTPELIER — The Vermont Department of Fish and Wildlife is moving a deer management hearing from Montpelier High School to the Statehouse.
The March 27 meeting in Montpelier is one of three annual deer management hearings being held this month.
The meetings will cover the 2012 harvest results and discuss prospects for the 2013 season. They are also an opportunity for the department to get more input from hunters about the state’s comprehensive deer management review plan.
All the hearings are scheduled from 7 to 9 p.m.
The first meeting next week is Monday at the Riverside Junior High School in Springfield. The Montpelier meeting is Wednesday.
The third meeting is Thursday at the St. Albans Town Educational Center.MORE IN Southern VermontA judge has ruled that the owner of Santa's Land must forfeit the amusement park's signature... Full StorySpringfield police chief says bathsalts, not heroin, biggest drug problem in town. Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day 1739, 'Richard Palmer' identified in prison at York Castle as the notorious outlaw DICK TURPIN; IN 1836, Battle of the Alamo begins near San Antonio de Bexar, Texas; 1896, the Tootsie Roll invented by LEO HIRSCHFELD.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1472, Orkney, Shetland islands put up as collateral by Norway to Scotland in lieu of dowry for MARGARET OF DENMARK on her marriage with JAMES III, king of Scotland; 1962, JOHN GLENN first American to orbit Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: City mayoral candidates debate campaign issues; Hartford, Conn., woman still missing; Neal Goswami reports attempts to legislate suicide; local woman loses 100 pounds through TOPS program.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1878, JOHN TUNSTALL murdered near Lincoln, New Mexico, by the outlaw JESSE EVANS; in 1930, ELM FARM OLLIE first cow to fly in aircraft, first to be milked airborne; 1955, nuke test WASP; '79, snow in Sahara.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Herald News Editor Alan J. Keays and staff writer Gordon Dritschilo discuss stories planned for the February 18, 2015, edition of the newspaper: Winter budgets maxed, legal marijuana, Springfield bank job, USPS slowdown
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1249 AD, ANDRE of LONGJUMEAU is dispatched by LOUIS IX of France to meet the KHAGAN, ruler of the Mongol Empire; in 1804, during 1st Barbary War, STEPHEN DECATUR scuttles the pirate-held USS Philadelphia in Tripoli.