Police: Woman crashes into school busMarch 19,2013Police: Woman hits school bus
A New York State woman is in fair condition after police said she rear-ended a loaded school bus Monday morning.
Shortly before 9 a.m., Darlene Erwin, 68, of Bomoseen, was driving a school bus with 15 Fair Haven Union High School students when she stopped for flashing red lights at a railroad crossing while traveling east on Route 4, according to police. Paulette Sheldon was also driving east in a 2010 Toyota Yaris when she crashed into the stopped bus, police said.
Neither the students nor the bus driver were injured, but Sheldon was taken to Rutland Regional Medical Center, where she was listed in fair condition.
Drugs or alcohol did not contribute to the crash, police said.MORE IN This Just InThe Associated Press Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Researchers find new species of hominid, the Denisovans, and follow genetic evidence that place them across a wide swath of the globe before extinction 40,000 years ago.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Proctor estate sale hits serious legal speed bump, Rutland Town wraps up solar project regulations, Patty Minichiello interviews visiting sculptor in West Rutland and Castleton Crackers honored with national award.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Tamerlane, in 1401 on this day, lays waste to Baghdad; 'Rock Around The Clock' hits No. 1 on Billboard chart in 1955, stays there for eight weeks.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Texas towns, shaken by earthquakes linked to fracking for gas and oil, are fed up and scared, want to ban the practice,
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Fracking linked to 100-fold increase in Oklahoma earthquakes.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Roswell: Weather balloon, invasion from outer space or primitive spy op? You decide. Francis Gary Powers faces the music on this day and it's Russian pop hits, Elisabeth Kubler-Ross born this day and the Mahatma eschews violence.