EAST WALLINGFORD - A fourth tractor trailer jack-knifed today, forcing travelers on Route 103 to take a detour, until recently when Route 103 reopened.
Rutland area roads are slick this afternoon, as they are around the state, with tractor-trailer crashes causing delays and road closures. Around 11 a.m., a jack-knifed truck blocked both lanes of travel on Route 9 just east of the State Police Barracks in Brattleboro.
At 1:47 p.m., a tractor trailer driven by Kevin Jones, 52, of Mesquite, Texas, crashed as he drove north on Interstate 91 in Springfield. Police said the truck was totaled and it continues to block one of the lanes of travel.
In Waterbury, a tractor-trailer crashed and blocked all northbound travel on Interstate 89 just south of Exit 10 in Waterbury.
Also reopened to traffic are I-89 and I-91.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1932, President Hoover orders the Army to evict bonus marchers from Anacostia Flats; author Malcolm Lowry born this day, as is Jackie Kennedy and Mike Bloomfield; Stephen Crane on consuming one's own heart.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Earth barely avoids being blasted by immense solar flare in 2012, astrophysicists say next time might not be so lucky.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1898, Nelson Miles leads American troops into Puerto Rico during Spanish-American War, Bob Dylan electrifies Newport Folk Festival in 1965, author and longshoreman Eric Hoffer born this day in 1902.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: No charges to be filed inconnection with crash of city police cruiser, farmers group turn to Internet to raise money for solar project, Street Talk polls passersby about legal marijuana.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information for Friday, July 25, and easily digestible news tidbits: Mysterious enormous hole in the Siberian tundra baffles scientists.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Ever wonder why the otherwise straight-lined Appalachian chain's got a big crimp in it in Pennsylvania and and New York?