EAST WALLINGFORD - A fourth tractor trailer jack-knifed today, forcing travelers on Route 103 to take a detour, until recently when Route 103 reopened.
Rutland area roads are slick this afternoon, as they are around the state, with tractor-trailer crashes causing delays and road closures. Around 11 a.m., a jack-knifed truck blocked both lanes of travel on Route 9 just east of the State Police Barracks in Brattleboro.
At 1:47 p.m., a tractor trailer driven by Kevin Jones, 52, of Mesquite, Texas, crashed as he drove north on Interstate 91 in Springfield. Police said the truck was totaled and it continues to block one of the lanes of travel.
In Waterbury, a tractor-trailer crashed and blocked all northbound travel on Interstate 89 just south of Exit 10 in Waterbury.
Also reopened to traffic are I-89 and I-91.MORE IN This Just InSki area operators in Vermont and across northern New England were giddy Wednesday at the... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1778, Capt. James Cook is first European to set eyes on Maui in Hawaiian Islands; 1922, Pharoah Tutankhamun found after 3000 years; 1909, Hollawood movie star Frances Dee born in Los Angeles.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Hazmat unit called downtown, Boys & Girls Club hosts dinner for members and families, Secret Santa back on the beat, city discusses runoff problem on Mayfield Road, Brandon gets creative about fixes to town roads, sidewalks.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1944, U.S. begins B-29 bombing raids on Japanese main islands; in 1950, Great Appalachian Storm begins to form; 1963, Lee Oswald killed by Jack Ruby; 1974, D.B. Cooper hijacks Seattle-bound airliner; 1974, 'Lucy' found.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, striking Colo. miners attacked with machine guns by state police; 1877, Thomas Edison announces invention of the phonograph, 1959, Alan Freed fired by WABC 770 AM for accepting payola to promote records.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1863, President Abraham Lincoln delivers short speech in Gettysburg, Pa.; in 1984, a Pemex LNG facility destroyed by series of gas explosions, 600 people are killed; in 1998, Senate builds fire under Bill Clinton.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1831 – Independent South American super-state, Gran Colombia, dissolved; 1856 - Fort Buchanan built to control Apache warriors; 1970 - William Calley Jr. goes on trial after 1968 massacre at My Lai, Vietnam.