EAST WALLINGFORD - A fourth tractor trailer jack-knifed today, forcing travelers on Route 103 to take a detour, until recently when Route 103 reopened.
Rutland area roads are slick this afternoon, as they are around the state, with tractor-trailer crashes causing delays and road closures. Around 11 a.m., a jack-knifed truck blocked both lanes of travel on Route 9 just east of the State Police Barracks in Brattleboro.
At 1:47 p.m., a tractor trailer driven by Kevin Jones, 52, of Mesquite, Texas, crashed as he drove north on Interstate 91 in Springfield. Police said the truck was totaled and it continues to block one of the lanes of travel.
In Waterbury, a tractor-trailer crashed and blocked all northbound travel on Interstate 89 just south of Exit 10 in Waterbury.
Also reopened to traffic are I-89 and I-91.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, striking Colo. miners attacked with machine guns by state police; 1877, Thomas Edison announces invention of the phonograph, 1959, Alan Freed fired by WABC 770 AM for accepting payola to promote records.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1863, President Abraham Lincoln delivers short speech in Gettysburg, Pa.; in 1984, a Pemex LNG facility destroyed by series of gas explosions, 600 people are killed; in 1998, Senate builds fire under Bill Clinton.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1831 – Independent South American super-state, Gran Colombia, dissolved; 1856 - Fort Buchanan built to control Apache warriors; 1970 - William Calley Jr. goes on trial after 1968 massacre at My Lai, Vietnam.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Wisconsin Sen. Joe McCarthy takes advantage of Cold War jitters and builds a tidy little fiefdom for himself on Capitol Hill. It's all good, but pride goes before you know darn well what. The junior senator is damaged going down.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, Leon Trotsky is expelled from the Soviet Communist Party, leaving Joseph Stalin in control of the Soviet Union; in 1970, Oregon DOT tries to dynamite a dead whale off a beach with a rather shocking result.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1972, Southern Airways Flight 49 is hijacked, the crew and passengers held for ransom. The hijackers want $10 million and passage to Cuba. In 2007, in Santiago, Chile, King Juan Carlos of Spain loses patience with Hugo Chavez.