I would like to take this opportunity to offer a great thanks for a wonderful act of kindness.
I am the manager for the CarePlus Program at Rutland Area Visiting Nurse Association and Hospice. Care Plus provides in-home services to individuals residing in Rutland County, Dorset and Rupert.
In order to provide these services, our home care aides, regardless of the weather, travel throughout the area. On Feb. 28, one of my aides was attempting to get to a client’s home, the client lives on a back road in Shrewsbury. The road was snow covered and a crusty layer of ice had formed over the top, making traveling conditions extremely poor. Hitting a patch of ice, our aide went off the road. There was no cell service at her vehicle so she walked a distance in order to call the office and a tow truck.
When she returned to her car, two gentlemen came along in a red truck and offered to assist her. As another aide was leaving the house, she, too, got stuck. The same two men were driving by and pulled this aide out, as well. Again, I would like to thank Montana and Jeremiah from Shrewsbury Farm and Property Management. Your kindness and help made a bad situation better. Thank you again.
RutlandMORE IN Letters
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1835, deranged house painter attempts to kill Pres. Andrew Jackson; in 1969, Beatles play last live public performance on roof of Apple Corps building, London; in 1935, poet Richard Brautigan born in Tacoma, Washington.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Maple syrup standards revised to match international standards; city must decide how best to use $300K in leftover sewer project money; Bryanna Allen reports on funding proposal for solar projects; local agency gets HUD money.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1393, quick thinking teen girl saves King Charles IV of France from burning alive at masquerade ball; in 1760, Vermont town of Pownal created by N.H. Gov. Benning Wentworth; Canuplin, Filipino movie star, born.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day, 1700, Cascadia Earthquake, Magnitude 9 plus, strikes West Coast with tsunami effects felt as far away as Japan; in 1885, troops loyal to Sudanese Mohammad Ahmad conquer Khartoum; in 1992, Boris Yeltsin untargets U.S.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 971 AD, Southern Han war elephant corps defeated by Song Dynasty troops bowmen; in 1870, Montana, Marias massacre, U.S. kills 173 Native Americans; in 1941, Charles Lindbergh recommends neutrality pact with Nazis.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Bryanna Allen reports Castleton Downtown hosts open house, fire in Springfield leaves family without a roof of their own, suspected Bosnian war criminal trial goes to jury, Brent Curtis reports Rutland Town budget set to rise.