I would like to take this opportunity to offer a great thanks for a wonderful act of kindness.
I am the manager for the CarePlus Program at Rutland Area Visiting Nurse Association and Hospice. Care Plus provides in-home services to individuals residing in Rutland County, Dorset and Rupert.
In order to provide these services, our home care aides, regardless of the weather, travel throughout the area. On Feb. 28, one of my aides was attempting to get to a client’s home, the client lives on a back road in Shrewsbury. The road was snow covered and a crusty layer of ice had formed over the top, making traveling conditions extremely poor. Hitting a patch of ice, our aide went off the road. There was no cell service at her vehicle so she walked a distance in order to call the office and a tow truck.
When she returned to her car, two gentlemen came along in a red truck and offered to assist her. As another aide was leaving the house, she, too, got stuck. The same two men were driving by and pulled this aide out, as well. Again, I would like to thank Montana and Jeremiah from Shrewsbury Farm and Property Management. Your kindness and help made a bad situation better. Thank you again.
RutlandMORE IN Letters
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE:Chemicals used in hydraulic fracturing that pollute ground water and the air we breathe come under scrutiny by researchers who find at least eight fracking chemicals toxic to mammals.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: The craze for Omega-3 fatty acids as a dietary supplement in its most popular form, fish oil, has led to depletion of fish stocks in oceans throughout the world. Is this the beginning of the total collapse of global fisheries?
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Suspects arrested in Killington bear death, Bryanna Allen and Kevin O'Connor report along the Back to School front, Rutland Plywood site remains an active fire scene as debris continues to smolder.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Forests around Chernobyl, even though dead from massive irradiation after nuclear accident 30 years ago, still have not even begun to decompose, natural balance disrupted at microbial level.
- Dogs have their day at White's Pool
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1609, Galileo demonstrates his telescope to Venetian lawmakers; during the same year, the Spanish Inquisition begins Basque witch trials, Henry Hudson sets sail from Amsterdam to North America, Shakespeare's sonnets published.