Estelle TherrienMarch 19,2013Estelle Therrien
RANDOLPH — Estelle Therrien, 92, died Sunday, March 17, 2013, at Gifford Medical Center.
She was born July 23, 1920, in Holyoke, Mass., the daughter of Charles and Alexina (Saurrette) Voghell, and raised in Holyoke.
She married Homer Therrien Oct. 5, 1937, in Randolph. Mr. Therrien died in 1985.
Mrs. Therrien and her husband bought a farm in Brookfield in 1943. She later worked at Van Raalte and then as an inspector for Waterbury Plastics for 20 years until retiring in 1982.
She was a member of Randolph Senior Center.
Survivors include six children, Homer Therrien Jr. of North Berwick, Maine, Raymond Therrien of Hudson Falls, N.Y., Helen Sabens of South Barre, Susan Smith of Three Rivers, Mass., Patricia Gaiko of Quechee and Alyce Broulliard of Colchester; 27 grandchildren, 35 great-grandchildren and five great-great-grandchildren.
She was also predeceased by two sons, Edmund and Roland, and 14 brothers and sisters.
The funeral service will be held at 11 a.m. Saturday, March 23, at Green Mountain Gospel Chapel with the Rev. Ronald Rilling officiating.
Burial will be at a later date in Holy Cross Cemetery.
Calling hours are from 6 to 8 p.m. Friday, March 22, at the Day Funeral Home.
Memorial contributions may be made to Joslyn House, 16 Maple St., Randolph, VT 05060.
For online condolences, visit www.dayfunerals.com.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: National survey ranks Vermont kids' well-being in second place, Springfield takes up anti-loitering ordinance, Rutland debate taxis, Fair Haven woman is arrested in Rutland for prostitution.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather and news: Research scientists say schizophrenia and marijuana use linked. Are marijuana smokers schizophrenic or are schizophrenics more disposed toward marijuana use?
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 365 CE, eastern Mediterranean rocked by high magnitude earthquake and tsunami, in 1865, Davis 'Little Dave' Tutt meets Wild Bill Hickock in Springfield, Mo., to settle differences.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Pesticides in soil and ground water are killing not only honey bees and other useful insects, but songbirds as well.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Judge issues deposition order in for city police corporal's lawsuit against the department, market for marijuana-laced edibles en fuego in at least two states, West Rutland truck fire consumes all driver's earthly possessions.