Time to talk about business in RutlandMarch 18,2013The following is the Business Summit agenda:
8:30 8:40 a.m. Welcome and Introduction, Brennan Duffy, RRA, and Mike Coppinger, DRP.
Rutland City market overview and opportunities
8:40 9:05 a.m. Overview of current Rutland City market conditions. Trip Muldrow, Arnett Muldrow and Associates.
9:05 9:30 a.m. National franchising opportunities in the Rutland market. Dan Dukeshire, The Entrepreneurs Source.
9:30 10:00 a.m. Local commercial real estate conditions and opportunities. Ray Ault, Ault Commercial Realty.
10:00 10:10 a.m. Break
Small Business resources and funding sources
10:10 10:25 a.m. Resources and incentives the state can offer to small business. Ken Horseman, Department of Economic Development.
10:25 10:40 a.m. Vermont Economic Development Authority funding resources and brief New Market Tax Credit overview. Representative from VEDA.
10:40 10:55 a.m. Rutland City HubZone creates opportunities in government contracting. Joanne Spaulding, Vermont Procurement Technical Assistance Center.
10:55 11:05 a.m. Rutland Economic Development Corp., regional assistance and funding. Jamie Stewart, REDC.
11:05 11:15 a.m. Rutland City tax stabilization. Brennan Duffy, RRA.
11:15 11:25 a.m. Downtown Rutland business incentives. Mike Coppinger, DRP.
Small Business counseling services and local educational opportunities
11:25 11:45 a.m. SBDC small business counseling services. Brian Declue, VtSBDC.
11:45 to noon Local educational opportunities and business training representatives from the College of St. Joseph and Community College of Vermont.
Noon Wrap up and adjourn
Noon 12:30 p.m. to Opportunity to network with service providers.
email@example.comMORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Earth barely avoids being blasted by immense solar flare in 2012, astrophysicists say next time might not be so lucky.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1932, President Hoover orders the Army to evict bonus marchers from Anacostia Flats; author Malcolm Lowry born this day, as is Jackie Kennedy and Mike Bloomfield; Stephen Crane on consuming one's own heart.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1898, Nelson Miles leads American troops into Puerto Rico during Spanish-American War, Bob Dylan electrifies Newport Folk Festival in 1965, author and longshoreman Eric Hoffer born this day in 1902.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: No charges to be filed inconnection with crash of city police cruiser, farmers group turn to Internet to raise money for solar project, Street Talk polls passersby about legal marijuana.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information for Friday, July 25, and easily digestible news tidbits: Mysterious enormous hole in the Siberian tundra baffles scientists.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Ever wonder why the otherwise straight-lined Appalachian chain's got a big crimp in it in Pennsylvania and and New York?