Time to talk about business in RutlandMarch 18,2013The following is the Business Summit agenda:
8:30 8:40 a.m. Welcome and Introduction, Brennan Duffy, RRA, and Mike Coppinger, DRP.
Rutland City market overview and opportunities
8:40 9:05 a.m. Overview of current Rutland City market conditions. Trip Muldrow, Arnett Muldrow and Associates.
9:05 9:30 a.m. National franchising opportunities in the Rutland market. Dan Dukeshire, The Entrepreneurs Source.
9:30 10:00 a.m. Local commercial real estate conditions and opportunities. Ray Ault, Ault Commercial Realty.
10:00 10:10 a.m. Break
Small Business resources and funding sources
10:10 10:25 a.m. Resources and incentives the state can offer to small business. Ken Horseman, Department of Economic Development.
10:25 10:40 a.m. Vermont Economic Development Authority funding resources and brief New Market Tax Credit overview. Representative from VEDA.
10:40 10:55 a.m. Rutland City HubZone creates opportunities in government contracting. Joanne Spaulding, Vermont Procurement Technical Assistance Center.
10:55 11:05 a.m. Rutland Economic Development Corp., regional assistance and funding. Jamie Stewart, REDC.
11:05 11:15 a.m. Rutland City tax stabilization. Brennan Duffy, RRA.
11:15 11:25 a.m. Downtown Rutland business incentives. Mike Coppinger, DRP.
Small Business counseling services and local educational opportunities
11:25 11:45 a.m. SBDC small business counseling services. Brian Declue, VtSBDC.
11:45 to noon Local educational opportunities and business training representatives from the College of St. Joseph and Community College of Vermont.
Noon Wrap up and adjourn
Noon 12:30 p.m. to Opportunity to network with service providers.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Well diggers in Cardiff, New York, find what is thought to be the petrified body of a 10-foot-tall man, perfectly preserved after thousands of years, which becomes a popular roadside attraction until proven to be a fake.
- Pittsford Haunted House
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1720, 'Calico Jack' Rackham, Caribbean pirate and early feminist, known for recruiting women to his crew and for fabric decorating skills after creating 'Jolly Roger' flag, is captured by the British Royal Navy.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1307, King Phillip the Fair of France orders hundreds of Knights Templar rounded up and arrested, charged with heresy, tortured until they confess; on this day in 1917, thousands see miracle of Our Lady of Fatima.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont has a new state Supreme Court Justice; city hospital says it can save plenty by upgrading its lights and trucking in natural gas; Springfield has a new town manager, former West Rutland guy, Tom Yennerall.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Solarfest likely to be on hold until at least 2016, Great Dane involved in theft of an $89,000 shotgun leads police to the thieves, PSB will not reopen VGS pipeline case, prosecutors want evidence in body-packing drug case.