Time to talk about business in RutlandMarch 18,2013The following is the Business Summit agenda:
8:30 – 8:40 a.m. — Welcome and Introduction, Brennan Duffy, RRA, and Mike Coppinger, DRP.
Rutland City market overview and opportunities
8:40 – 9:05 a.m. — Overview of current Rutland City market conditions. Trip Muldrow, Arnett Muldrow and Associates.
9:05 – 9:30 a.m. — National franchising opportunities in the Rutland market. Dan Dukeshire, The Entrepreneur’s Source.
9:30 – 10:00 a.m. — Local commercial real estate conditions and opportunities. Ray Ault, Ault Commercial Realty.
10:00 – 10:10 a.m. — Break
Small Business resources and funding sources
10:10 – 10:25 a.m. — Resources and incentives the state can offer to small business. Ken Horseman, Department of Economic Development.
10:25 – 10:40 a.m. — Vermont Economic Development Authority funding resources and brief New Market Tax Credit overview. Representative from VEDA.
10:40 – 10:55 a.m. — Rutland City HubZone creates opportunities in government contracting. Joanne Spaulding, Vermont Procurement Technical Assistance Center.
10:55 – 11:05 a.m. — Rutland Economic Development Corp., regional assistance and funding. Jamie Stewart, REDC.
11:05 – 11:15 a.m. — Rutland City tax stabilization. Brennan Duffy, RRA.
11:15 – 11:25 a.m. — Downtown Rutland business incentives. Mike Coppinger, DRP.
Small Business counseling services and local educational opportunities
11:25 – 11:45 a.m. — SBDC small business counseling services. Brian Declue, VtSBDC.
11:45 to noon — Local educational opportunities and business training representatives from the College of St. Joseph and Community College of Vermont.
Noon — Wrap up and adjourn
Noon – 12:30 p.m. to Opportunity to network with service providers.
firstname.lastname@example.orgMORE IN This Just InTODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: America's feet getting bigger than ever, and Americans keep jamming their feet into small sized shoes. Wake up, America! 0Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible... Full StoryRICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Vanessa Williams resigns from Miss America pageant after Bob Guccione publishes nude photos of her in Penthouse magazine and Hefner takes the high road; on this day in 1995, Alan Hale and Thomas Bopp discover a new comet. 0Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott uploads astronomic, historic and epigrammatic data... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Vanessa Williams resigns from Miss America pageant after Bob Guccione publishes nude photos of her in Penthouse magazine and Hefner takes the high road; on this day in 1995, Alan Hale and Thomas Bopp discover a new comet.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Brandon voters decide fate of proposed budget, calls to police for service on complaints have fallen to new low, city woman who spray painted a response to vandals on her sidewalk is cited for mischief.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: National survey ranks Vermont kids' well-being in second place, Springfield takes up anti-loitering ordinance, Rutland debate taxis, Fair Haven woman is arrested in Rutland for prostitution.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather and news: Research scientists say schizophrenia and marijuana use linked. Are marijuana smokers schizophrenic or are schizophrenics more disposed toward marijuana use?
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 365 CE, eastern Mediterranean rocked by high magnitude earthquake and tsunami, in 1865, Davis 'Little Dave' Tutt meets Wild Bill Hickock in Springfield, Mo., to settle differences.