Time to talk about business in RutlandMarch 18,2013The following is the Business Summit agenda:
8:30 8:40 a.m. Welcome and Introduction, Brennan Duffy, RRA, and Mike Coppinger, DRP.
Rutland City market overview and opportunities
8:40 9:05 a.m. Overview of current Rutland City market conditions. Trip Muldrow, Arnett Muldrow and Associates.
9:05 9:30 a.m. National franchising opportunities in the Rutland market. Dan Dukeshire, The Entrepreneurs Source.
9:30 10:00 a.m. Local commercial real estate conditions and opportunities. Ray Ault, Ault Commercial Realty.
10:00 10:10 a.m. Break
Small Business resources and funding sources
10:10 10:25 a.m. Resources and incentives the state can offer to small business. Ken Horseman, Department of Economic Development.
10:25 10:40 a.m. Vermont Economic Development Authority funding resources and brief New Market Tax Credit overview. Representative from VEDA.
10:40 10:55 a.m. Rutland City HubZone creates opportunities in government contracting. Joanne Spaulding, Vermont Procurement Technical Assistance Center.
10:55 11:05 a.m. Rutland Economic Development Corp., regional assistance and funding. Jamie Stewart, REDC.
11:05 11:15 a.m. Rutland City tax stabilization. Brennan Duffy, RRA.
11:15 11:25 a.m. Downtown Rutland business incentives. Mike Coppinger, DRP.
Small Business counseling services and local educational opportunities
11:25 11:45 a.m. SBDC small business counseling services. Brian Declue, VtSBDC.
11:45 to noon Local educational opportunities and business training representatives from the College of St. Joseph and Community College of Vermont.
Noon Wrap up and adjourn
Noon 12:30 p.m. to Opportunity to network with service providers.
email@example.comMORE IN This Just InDorset Theatre Festival, in planning its 2015 season of professional theater at the Dorset... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day 1739, 'Richard Palmer' identified in prison at York Castle as the notorious outlaw DICK TURPIN; IN 1836, Battle of the Alamo begins near San Antonio de Bexar, Texas; 1896, the Tootsie Roll invented by LEO HIRSCHFELD.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1472, Orkney, Shetland islands put up as collateral by Norway to Scotland in lieu of dowry for MARGARET OF DENMARK on her marriage with JAMES III, king of Scotland; 1962, JOHN GLENN first American to orbit Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: City mayoral candidates debate campaign issues; Hartford, Conn., woman still missing; Neal Goswami reports attempts to legislate suicide; local woman loses 100 pounds through TOPS program.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1878, JOHN TUNSTALL murdered near Lincoln, New Mexico, by the outlaw JESSE EVANS; in 1930, ELM FARM OLLIE first cow to fly in aircraft, first to be milked airborne; 1955, nuke test WASP; '79, snow in Sahara.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Herald News Editor Alan J. Keays and staff writer Gordon Dritschilo discuss stories planned for the February 18, 2015, edition of the newspaper: Winter budgets maxed, legal marijuana, Springfield bank job, USPS slowdown
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1249 AD, ANDRE of LONGJUMEAU is dispatched by LOUIS IX of France to meet the KHAGAN, ruler of the Mongol Empire; in 1804, during 1st Barbary War, STEPHEN DECATUR scuttles the pirate-held USS Philadelphia in Tripoli.