Time to talk about business in RutlandMarch 18,2013The following is the Business Summit agenda:
8:30 – 8:40 a.m. — Welcome and Introduction, Brennan Duffy, RRA, and Mike Coppinger, DRP.
Rutland City market overview and opportunities
8:40 – 9:05 a.m. — Overview of current Rutland City market conditions. Trip Muldrow, Arnett Muldrow and Associates.
9:05 – 9:30 a.m. — National franchising opportunities in the Rutland market. Dan Dukeshire, The Entrepreneur’s Source.
9:30 – 10:00 a.m. — Local commercial real estate conditions and opportunities. Ray Ault, Ault Commercial Realty.
10:00 – 10:10 a.m. — Break
Small Business resources and funding sources
10:10 – 10:25 a.m. — Resources and incentives the state can offer to small business. Ken Horseman, Department of Economic Development.
10:25 – 10:40 a.m. — Vermont Economic Development Authority funding resources and brief New Market Tax Credit overview. Representative from VEDA.
10:40 – 10:55 a.m. — Rutland City HubZone creates opportunities in government contracting. Joanne Spaulding, Vermont Procurement Technical Assistance Center.
10:55 – 11:05 a.m. — Rutland Economic Development Corp., regional assistance and funding. Jamie Stewart, REDC.
11:05 – 11:15 a.m. — Rutland City tax stabilization. Brennan Duffy, RRA.
11:15 – 11:25 a.m. — Downtown Rutland business incentives. Mike Coppinger, DRP.
Small Business counseling services and local educational opportunities
11:25 – 11:45 a.m. — SBDC small business counseling services. Brian Declue, VtSBDC.
11:45 to noon — Local educational opportunities and business training representatives from the College of St. Joseph and Community College of Vermont.
Noon — Wrap up and adjourn
Noon – 12:30 p.m. to Opportunity to network with service providers.
firstname.lastname@example.orgMORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1618, English author, poet, soldier, adventurer Sir Walter Raleigh is beheaded for conspiring to overthrow King James I, but more likely to mollify offenses to Spain. His executioner has to implore him for silence.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1492, Italian explorer, admiral of the ocean sea, Christopher Columbus, sailing for the Spanish crown, 'discovers' Cuba; on this day in 1964, U.S. officials deny American involvement in bombing North Vietnam.
- Video: Fire engulfs house on Pine Street
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1936, Mrs. Wallis Warfield Spencer Simpson, mistress of King Edward VIII, is granted her second divorce, enabling her to marry the king. The government, the Church of England and the London Times have another idea.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: V-2 No. 13, launched this day in 1946 from White Sands, New Mexico, takes first photographs of Earth from the edge of the planet's outer atmosphere; 1947: Walt Disney testifies before HUAC, names employees he says are communists.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont's brand discussed at Killington, state's attorney candidates Marc Brierre and Rose Kennedy profiled, Curtis reports about Rutland police chief's new job, and four arrested, charged for heroin, crack sales.