Time to talk about business in RutlandMarch 18,2013The following is the Business Summit agenda:
8:30 8:40 a.m. Welcome and Introduction, Brennan Duffy, RRA, and Mike Coppinger, DRP.
Rutland City market overview and opportunities
8:40 9:05 a.m. Overview of current Rutland City market conditions. Trip Muldrow, Arnett Muldrow and Associates.
9:05 9:30 a.m. National franchising opportunities in the Rutland market. Dan Dukeshire, The Entrepreneurs Source.
9:30 10:00 a.m. Local commercial real estate conditions and opportunities. Ray Ault, Ault Commercial Realty.
10:00 10:10 a.m. Break
Small Business resources and funding sources
10:10 10:25 a.m. Resources and incentives the state can offer to small business. Ken Horseman, Department of Economic Development.
10:25 10:40 a.m. Vermont Economic Development Authority funding resources and brief New Market Tax Credit overview. Representative from VEDA.
10:40 10:55 a.m. Rutland City HubZone creates opportunities in government contracting. Joanne Spaulding, Vermont Procurement Technical Assistance Center.
10:55 11:05 a.m. Rutland Economic Development Corp., regional assistance and funding. Jamie Stewart, REDC.
11:05 11:15 a.m. Rutland City tax stabilization. Brennan Duffy, RRA.
11:15 11:25 a.m. Downtown Rutland business incentives. Mike Coppinger, DRP.
Small Business counseling services and local educational opportunities
11:25 11:45 a.m. SBDC small business counseling services. Brian Declue, VtSBDC.
11:45 to noon Local educational opportunities and business training representatives from the College of St. Joseph and Community College of Vermont.
Noon Wrap up and adjourn
Noon 12:30 p.m. to Opportunity to network with service providers.
firstname.lastname@example.orgMORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: A brief midsummer return of last winter’s stubborn cold air mass descends over the Northern Plains, Midwest and Northeast this week bringing colder than seasonable daytime temperatures.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Founding father and 2nd president John Adams signs Sedition Act on this day in 1798 providing jail time for criticizing the government; Benjamin Franklin's grandson and namesake dies in jail, for satirizing the president.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Tibetans' ability to breathe and absorb oxygen at high altitude might have been inherited from their ancient ancestors, our new pals, the Denisovans, more dominant in their day than anybody can remember.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Herald Editor Rob Mitchell and staff writer Bryanna Allen discuss conflict at Open Door Mission, MSJ's new principal, teens carve marble in West Rutland.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Researchers find new species of hominid, the Denisovans, and follow genetic evidence that place them across a wide swath of the globe before extinction 40,000 years ago.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Proctor estate sale hits serious legal speed bump, Rutland Town wraps up solar project regulations, Patty Minichiello interviews visiting sculptor in West Rutland and Castleton Crackers honored with national award.