Police seek teen in high-speed chaseMarch 18,2013UNDERHILL — Police are on the lookout for a 19-year-old Vermont man they say led them on a high-speed chase before abandoning his car and running into some woods.
State police said Sunday they’re seeking the public’s help in locating Patrick Milliken, of Jericho.
Officials said the chase began around 5 p.m. Saturday when Detective Sgt. Todd Baxter attempted to stop Milliken for speeding in the village of Smugglers Notch.
After initially stopping, Milliken allegedly drove his car at a high speed at Baxter’s police cruiser before speeding off on Route 108, where he was observed passing cars and driving recklessly.
Officials say Milliken was later spotted in Underhill, where he eventually stopped before running off. Police say a female passenger told them she wanted Milliken to stop, but he wouldn’t.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: First televised nuclear test, Woody Harrelson's father claimed involvement in the JFK assassination, Immanuel Kant and William L. Shirer rave on and MIT researchers propose sea-borne nuclear power stations.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Accused child killer released on bail, protesters want him back behind bars, aldermen meet to vote on mayor's board nomination, 156 Vermont runners participate in Monday's Boston Marathon.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Soil beneath Greenland ice sheet predates dawn of mankind, Hitch faces true Hollawood problem head-on, Mark Twain on school boards, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Free Library director Paula Baker will retire at the end of the year, state Senate will vote on new minimum wage legislation and Bennington College graduates win Pulitzer Prizes.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.