Police seek teen in high-speed chaseMarch 18,2013UNDERHILL — Police are on the lookout for a 19-year-old Vermont man they say led them on a high-speed chase before abandoning his car and running into some woods.
State police said Sunday they’re seeking the public’s help in locating Patrick Milliken, of Jericho.
Officials said the chase began around 5 p.m. Saturday when Detective Sgt. Todd Baxter attempted to stop Milliken for speeding in the village of Smugglers Notch.
After initially stopping, Milliken allegedly drove his car at a high speed at Baxter’s police cruiser before speeding off on Route 108, where he was observed passing cars and driving recklessly.
Officials say Milliken was later spotted in Underhill, where he eventually stopped before running off. Police say a female passenger told them she wanted Milliken to stop, but he wouldn’t.MORE IN This Just InRep. Peter Fagan faces a challenge from James Candon. Full StoryMANCHESTER — Voters will have some choices among an incumbent, a returning veteran, and a few... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1720, 'Calico Jack' Rackham, Caribbean pirate and early feminist, known for recruiting women to his crew and for fabric decorating skills after creating 'Jolly Roger' flag, is captured by the British Royal Navy.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1307, King Phillip the Fair of France orders hundreds of Knights Templar rounded up and arrested, charged with heresy, tortured until they confess; on this day in 1917, thousands see miracle of Our Lady of Fatima.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont has a new state Supreme Court Justice; city hospital says it can save plenty by upgrading its lights and trucking in natural gas; Springfield has a new town manager, former West Rutland guy, Tom Yennerall.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Solarfest likely to be on hold until at least 2016, Great Dane involved in theft of an $89,000 shotgun leads police to the thieves, PSB will not reopen VGS pipeline case, prosecutors want evidence in body-packing drug case.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1871, After long summer drought comes simultaneous devastating upper Midwest wildfires; Chicago city center in ruins; in 1967, after brief firefight, Ernesto 'Che' Guevara captured alive in Bolivian jungle camp.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: City aldermen discuss future of recreation department facilities, three bears killed in interstate crash, town school principal rewards students' good reading habits, fight at city jail sends a man to hospital.