Police seek teen in high-speed chaseMarch 18,2013UNDERHILL — Police are on the lookout for a 19-year-old Vermont man they say led them on a high-speed chase before abandoning his car and running into some woods.
State police said Sunday they’re seeking the public’s help in locating Patrick Milliken, of Jericho.
Officials said the chase began around 5 p.m. Saturday when Detective Sgt. Todd Baxter attempted to stop Milliken for speeding in the village of Smugglers Notch.
After initially stopping, Milliken allegedly drove his car at a high speed at Baxter’s police cruiser before speeding off on Route 108, where he was observed passing cars and driving recklessly.
Officials say Milliken was later spotted in Underhill, where he eventually stopped before running off. Police say a female passenger told them she wanted Milliken to stop, but he wouldn’t.MORE IN This Just InTOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock. 0Rutland Herald News Editor Alan Keays and sports reporter Tom Haley discuss some of the stories... Full StorySPRINGFIELD - Rescue crews from Springfield and Hartford's swiftwater rescue team Tuesday morning... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Gulf wildlife still dying from 2010 BP oil spill, Veena in Cabo San Lucas, Gertrude Stein on family living, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Police officer identified in deadly Brattleboro shooting, school consolidation boosters silent on savings, lawmakers nix legal marijuana for PTSD and scrap yard helps solve half-ton heist.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Coyotes are true American survivors, Veena on Narragansett Pier, Vladimir Nabokov in Paris.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Bad crash in Rutland Town sends driver to hospital, natural gas pipeline get support from Addison County Planning Commission.