ROYALTON — A New Hampshire man drove the wrong way on Interstate 89 Wednesday night, according to Vermont State Police.
Mark Johnson, 59, of Hanover, was cited on charges of driving under the influence and gross negligent operation after state police say he was southbound in the northbound lane.
Johnson was first reported driving the wrong way at mile marker 40 and failed to pull over for a trooper driving northbound, police said. Johnson was later pulled over around mile marker 17 in Royalton, and state police said he was found to be under the influence of alcohol. He is to appear in Orange County criminal court to answer the charge.MORE IN Vermont NewsDVHA Commissioner Mark Larson told lawmakers Tuesday of a second privacy breadh on Vermont Health... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation