WORCESTER — Residents in Worcester are looking for help to rebuild a barn that burned to the ground earlier this month.
Edge Fuentes and Kate Spring were keeping their farming equipment in neighbor Hilary Denton’s barn in Worcester when the barn caught fire on March 9. To replace the barn and equipment, the couple have started a fundraising campaign on the website www.gofundme.com. As of Sunday afternoon, the couple had raised $10,835 of their $20,000 goal.
The couple hope to continue operating their farm, Good Heart Farmstead, L3C. They say the mission of the business is to grow healthy, whole foods and to make them available to people of all income levels.
To donate, go to www.gofundme.com/goodheart-rebuild.MORE IN Vermont NewsMONTPELIER — Different people have different stars. Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Well diggers in Cardiff, New York, find what is thought to be the petrified body of a 10-foot-tall man, perfectly preserved after thousands of years, which becomes a popular roadside attraction until proven to be a fake.
- Pittsford Haunted House
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1720, 'Calico Jack' Rackham, Caribbean pirate and early feminist, known for recruiting women to his crew and for fabric decorating skills after creating 'Jolly Roger' flag, is captured by the British Royal Navy.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont has a new state Supreme Court Justice; city hospital says it can save plenty by upgrading its lights and trucking in natural gas; Springfield has a new town manager, former West Rutland guy, Tom Yennerall.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1307, King Phillip the Fair of France orders hundreds of Knights Templar rounded up and arrested, charged with heresy, tortured until they confess; on this day in 1917, thousands see miracle of Our Lady of Fatima.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Solarfest likely to be on hold until at least 2016, Great Dane involved in theft of an $89,000 shotgun leads police to the thieves, PSB will not reopen VGS pipeline case, prosecutors want evidence in body-packing drug case.