Elvira E. SkellyMarch 16,2013Elvira E. Skelly
Elvira Skelly, 96, died peacefully Tuesday, March 12, 2013, at The Pines nursing home in Rutland where she had resided for the past 15 years. She was born Aug. 20, 1916.
She is survived by her son, Thomas Skelly Jr. (Charline); grandson Michael Skelly, granddaughter Colleen Pietryka (Steve), great-grandchildren Sarah and Seth Pietryka; and her brother, Frank Riccardi.
She was predeceased by her husband, Thomas Skelly Sr., and several brothers and sisters.
The family wishes to express our heartfelt appreciation to the staff of The Pines at Rutland nursing home (formerly Eden Park) for their kindness, compassion and loving care of Elvira and all of us throughout this long journey.
Funeral is Tuesday, March 19, 2013, 12 noon in the Daniel Keenan Funeral Home Inc., 490 Delaware Ave., Albany, N.Y., with a calling hour at 11 a.m. in the funeral home prior to service. Burial in Our Lady Help of Christians Cemetery, Glenmont, N.Y. Online condolences may be offered at www.danielkeenanfuneralhome.com.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1898, Nelson Miles leads American troops into Puerto Rico during Spanish-American War, Bob Dylan electrifies Newport Folk Festival in 1965, author and longshoreman Eric Hoffer born this day in 1902.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information for Friday, July 25, and easily digestible news tidbits: Mysterious enormous hole in the Siberian tundra baffles scientists.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Ever wonder why the otherwise straight-lined Appalachian chain's got a big crimp in it in Pennsylvania and and New York?
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Scott Milne opens campaign for governor's office, crime statistics fall in city, new home for homeless prevention center, traffic cameras are not watching you, capital panel hears testimony about protecting children.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: America's feet getting bigger than ever, and Americans keep jamming their feet into small sized shoes. Wake up, America!
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Vanessa Williams resigns from Miss America pageant after Bob Guccione publishes nude photos of her in Penthouse magazine and Hefner takes the high road; on this day in 1995, Alan Hale and Thomas Bopp discover a new comet.