Marcia R. BuckinghamMarch 16,2013Marcia R. Buckingham
BELLOWS FALLS — Marcia R. Buckingham, 62, died Friday, March 15, 2013, at her home.
She was born July 15, 1950, in Springfield, the daughter of Jack and Joyce (Eastman) Beebe.
She graduated from Springfield High School in 1968, from Thompson School of Nursing with her LPN in 1978, and from New Hampshire Technical College with her ADN in 1988.
On Nov. 15, 1995, she married Steve Buckingham in Claremont, N.H.
Mrs. Buckingham was employed at Springfield Hospital for many years, Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center for several years and the past 20 years in psychiatric nursing with the Windham Center in Bellows Falls.
She enjoyed singing and attending church.
Survivors include her husband of Bellows Falls; three children, Arthur Godfrey IV, Stephanie Eastman, both of Springfield, and Jennifer Sherman of Fort Myers, Fla.; a stepdaughter, Sonja Alves of Boston, Mass.; three brothers, Jim Beebe of Springfield, Jesse Beebe of Andover and Larry Beebe of San Antonio, Texas; three sisters, Alicia Coppola of Windsor, Judy Graham of Perkinsville and Renée Nagel of Unity, N.H.; seven grandchildren; several nieces, nephews and cousins.
The funeral service will be held at 2 p.m. Thursday, March 21, at the Davis Memorial Chapel in Springfield, where friends may call at 1 p.m. prior to the service officiated by Jesse Beebe. Burial will follow in Oakland Cemetery in Springfield.
Memorial contributions may be made to Norris Cotton Cancer Center, 1 Medical Center Drive, Lebanon, NH 03766.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: America's feet getting bigger than ever, and Americans keep jamming their feet into small sized shoes. Wake up, America!
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Vanessa Williams resigns from Miss America pageant after Bob Guccione publishes nude photos of her in Penthouse magazine and Hefner takes the high road; on this day in 1995, Alan Hale and Thomas Bopp discover a new comet.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Brandon voters decide fate of proposed budget, calls to police for service on complaints have fallen to new low, city woman who spray painted a response to vandals on her sidewalk is cited for mischief.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: National survey ranks Vermont kids' well-being in second place, Springfield takes up anti-loitering ordinance, Rutland debate taxis, Fair Haven woman is arrested in Rutland for prostitution.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather and news: Research scientists say schizophrenia and marijuana use linked. Are marijuana smokers schizophrenic or are schizophrenics more disposed toward marijuana use?