Marcia R. BuckinghamMarch 16,2013Marcia R. Buckingham
BELLOWS FALLS — Marcia R. Buckingham, 62, died Friday, March 15, 2013, at her home.
She was born July 15, 1950, in Springfield, the daughter of Jack and Joyce (Eastman) Beebe.
She graduated from Springfield High School in 1968, from Thompson School of Nursing with her LPN in 1978, and from New Hampshire Technical College with her ADN in 1988.
On Nov. 15, 1995, she married Steve Buckingham in Claremont, N.H.
Mrs. Buckingham was employed at Springfield Hospital for many years, Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center for several years and the past 20 years in psychiatric nursing with the Windham Center in Bellows Falls.
She enjoyed singing and attending church.
Survivors include her husband of Bellows Falls; three children, Arthur Godfrey IV, Stephanie Eastman, both of Springfield, and Jennifer Sherman of Fort Myers, Fla.; a stepdaughter, Sonja Alves of Boston, Mass.; three brothers, Jim Beebe of Springfield, Jesse Beebe of Andover and Larry Beebe of San Antonio, Texas; three sisters, Alicia Coppola of Windsor, Judy Graham of Perkinsville and Renée Nagel of Unity, N.H.; seven grandchildren; several nieces, nephews and cousins.
The funeral service will be held at 2 p.m. Thursday, March 21, at the Davis Memorial Chapel in Springfield, where friends may call at 1 p.m. prior to the service officiated by Jesse Beebe. Burial will follow in Oakland Cemetery in Springfield.
Memorial contributions may be made to Norris Cotton Cancer Center, 1 Medical Center Drive, Lebanon, NH 03766.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: National survey ranks Vermont kids' well-being in second place, Springfield takes up anti-loitering ordinance, Rutland debate taxis, Fair Haven woman is arrested in Rutland for prostitution.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather and news: Research scientists say schizophrenia and marijuana use linked. Are marijuana smokers schizophrenic or are schizophrenics more disposed toward marijuana use?
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 365 CE, eastern Mediterranean rocked by high magnitude earthquake and tsunami, in 1865, Davis 'Little Dave' Tutt meets Wild Bill Hickock in Springfield, Mo., to settle differences.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Pesticides in soil and ground water are killing not only honey bees and other useful insects, but songbirds as well.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Judge issues deposition order in for city police corporal's lawsuit against the department, market for marijuana-laced edibles en fuego in at least two states, West Rutland truck fire consumes all driver's earthly possessions.