Marcia R. BuckinghamMarch 16,2013Marcia R. Buckingham
BELLOWS FALLS — Marcia R. Buckingham, 62, died Friday, March 15, 2013, at her home.
She was born July 15, 1950, in Springfield, the daughter of Jack and Joyce (Eastman) Beebe.
She graduated from Springfield High School in 1968, from Thompson School of Nursing with her LPN in 1978, and from New Hampshire Technical College with her ADN in 1988.
On Nov. 15, 1995, she married Steve Buckingham in Claremont, N.H.
Mrs. Buckingham was employed at Springfield Hospital for many years, Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center for several years and the past 20 years in psychiatric nursing with the Windham Center in Bellows Falls.
She enjoyed singing and attending church.
Survivors include her husband of Bellows Falls; three children, Arthur Godfrey IV, Stephanie Eastman, both of Springfield, and Jennifer Sherman of Fort Myers, Fla.; a stepdaughter, Sonja Alves of Boston, Mass.; three brothers, Jim Beebe of Springfield, Jesse Beebe of Andover and Larry Beebe of San Antonio, Texas; three sisters, Alicia Coppola of Windsor, Judy Graham of Perkinsville and Renée Nagel of Unity, N.H.; seven grandchildren; several nieces, nephews and cousins.
The funeral service will be held at 2 p.m. Thursday, March 21, at the Davis Memorial Chapel in Springfield, where friends may call at 1 p.m. prior to the service officiated by Jesse Beebe. Burial will follow in Oakland Cemetery in Springfield.
Memorial contributions may be made to Norris Cotton Cancer Center, 1 Medical Center Drive, Lebanon, NH 03766.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.