Barbara PetersonMarch 16,2013Barbara Peterson
SPRINGFIELD ó Barbara Peterson, 60, died Thursday, March 14, 2013, at Valley Terrace in Wilder after a long illness.
She was born May 13, 1952, in Springfield, the daughter of Edward and Katherine (Rice) Ross.
She graduated from Chester High School, Keene State College and Johnson State College.
On Oct. 20, 1979, she married Edwin L. Peterson in Andover.
Mrs. Peterson was a teacher for more than 30 years, including 27 years at Chester-Andover Elementary Schools.
She was a member of Chester American Legion Post 67 Ladies Auxiliary.
She enjoyed teaching, camping and camp on Lake Willoughby.
Survivors include her husband of Springfield; two sons, Scott Peterson of Springfield and Robert Peterson of Richmond; a brother, Richard Ross of Chester; and five grandchildren.
The memorial service will be held at 11 a.m. Wednesday, March 20, at the Davis Memorial Chapel in Springfield, with the Rev. Gerry Piper officiating.
Friends may call from 6 to 8 p.m. Tuesday, March 19, at the funeral home.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to Valley Terrace, Clover Unit, 2820 Christian St., Wilder, VT 05088.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Gulf wildlife still dying from 2010 BP oil spill, Veena in Cabo San Lucas, Gertrude Stein on family living, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Police officer identified in deadly Brattleboro shooting, school consolidation boosters silent on savings, lawmakers nix legal marijuana for PTSD and scrap yard helps solve half-ton heist.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Coyotes are true American survivors, Veena on Narragansett Pier, Vladimir Nabokov in Paris.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Bad crash in Rutland Town sends driver to hospital, natural gas pipeline get support from Addison County Planning Commission.