Barbara PetersonMarch 16,2013Barbara Peterson
SPRINGFIELD — Barbara Peterson, 60, died Thursday, March 14, 2013, at Valley Terrace in Wilder after a long illness.
She was born May 13, 1952, in Springfield, the daughter of Edward and Katherine (Rice) Ross.
She graduated from Chester High School, Keene State College and Johnson State College.
On Oct. 20, 1979, she married Edwin L. Peterson in Andover.
Mrs. Peterson was a teacher for more than 30 years, including 27 years at Chester-Andover Elementary Schools.
She was a member of Chester American Legion Post 67 Ladies Auxiliary.
She enjoyed teaching, camping and camp on Lake Willoughby.
Survivors include her husband of Springfield; two sons, Scott Peterson of Springfield and Robert Peterson of Richmond; a brother, Richard Ross of Chester; and five grandchildren.
The memorial service will be held at 11 a.m. Wednesday, March 20, at the Davis Memorial Chapel in Springfield, with the Rev. Gerry Piper officiating.
Friends may call from 6 to 8 p.m. Tuesday, March 19, at the funeral home.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to Valley Terrace, Clover Unit, 2820 Christian St., Wilder, VT 05088.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.