Leona LeBlancMarch 16,2013
Leona LeBlancLeona LeBlanc
SUDBURY — Leona Lampron LeBlanc, 91, died Wednesday, March 13, 2013, in Rutland.
She was born March 26, 1921, the daughter of Marie Louise (Branchaud) and Alfred Eugene Lampron.
She was a 1938 graduate of Bennington High School.
On Oct. 12, 1946, she married Albert J. LeBlanc in Bennington. Mr. LeBlanc died in 2001.
Mrs. LeBlanc was employed at Union Carbide Corp. for many years and retired to Lake Hortonia where she worked at children’s summer camps for several years.
She enjoyed tatting, Rutland Herald crossword puzzles and reading.
Survivors include a brother, Roger Lampron of Saratoga Springs, N.Y., 10 nieces, six nephews, many great-nieces and great-nephews and great-great-nieces and great-great-nephews, and cousins.
She was predeceased by seven siblings, Louise Dumas, Paul, Ernest, Jeannette, Armand, Raymond and Marguerite Lampron, and two nieces.
The graveside service will be at a later date in Park Lawn Cemetery.
Memorial contributions may be made to St. Jude Children’s Hospital or American Cancer Society Vermont Chapter, in care of Mahar & Son Funeral Home, 628 Main St., Bennington, VT 05201.
Guest book condolences may be made at www.maharandsonfuneralhome.net.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.