‘The Crucible’ set for weekendMarch 15,2013The Dorset Players’ production of Arthur Miller’s classic drama, “The Crucible,” will be held at the Dorset Playhouse for a second weekend of performances at 7:30 p.m. tonight and Saturday.
Another performance is set for 2 p.m. Sunday.
A dramatization of the 1692 Salem witch trials, Miller’s drama addresses the consequences of doing nothing when confronted by vicious rumor. The cast includes Christopher Restino, who portrayed the title role in “Amadeus” (2007), and Denny Rogers, who garnered praise as Mr. Sowerberry in “Oliver.”
Tickets will be $20 for adults and $10 for those under 19 and are available through the box office at 867-5777. For more information about or to become a member of The Dorset Players, please visit dorsetplayers.org.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Highway Trust Fund bill passage Vt. projects are moving forward, about 20 state inmates are seeking clemency through new federal standards and search is on to find temporary member for State Colleges Board of Trustees.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Workers on this day in 1984 in a Cheshire, England, peat bog find well-preserved human remains at least 2,000 years dead, born this day in 1843, Robert Todd Lincoln, eldest son of the president, present at three assassinations.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: A fiery pit nicknamed the 'Gate of Hell' in the Karakum desert in Turkmenistan has been burning for 40 years.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: osh O'Gorman reports on the impact of state budget cuts on state colleges, Rutland Town welcomes Donna Zeller as town clerk, Bryanna Allen in Killington for chili cookoff and Haley talks up the big Shrine game with N.H. and Vt.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Teddy Roosevelt makes Americans believe the poor, peace-loving, misunderstood piranha is a vicious, dangerous animal.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Teamsters leader Jimmy Hoffa disappears on this day in 1975, on this day in 2003, the last Volkswagen Type I, the Beetle, rolls off the assembly line in Mexico, Ambrose Bierce on the classifications of homicide.