‘The Crucible’ set for weekendMarch 15,2013The Dorset Players’ production of Arthur Miller’s classic drama, “The Crucible,” will be held at the Dorset Playhouse for a second weekend of performances at 7:30 p.m. tonight and Saturday.
Another performance is set for 2 p.m. Sunday.
A dramatization of the 1692 Salem witch trials, Miller’s drama addresses the consequences of doing nothing when confronted by vicious rumor. The cast includes Christopher Restino, who portrayed the title role in “Amadeus” (2007), and Denny Rogers, who garnered praise as Mr. Sowerberry in “Oliver.”
Tickets will be $20 for adults and $10 for those under 19 and are available through the box office at 867-5777. For more information about or to become a member of The Dorset Players, please visit dorsetplayers.org.MORE IN This Just InThe Associated Press Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Researchers find new species of hominid, the Denisovans, and follow genetic evidence that place them across a wide swath of the globe before extinction 40,000 years ago.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Proctor estate sale hits serious legal speed bump, Rutland Town wraps up solar project regulations, Patty Minichiello interviews visiting sculptor in West Rutland and Castleton Crackers honored with national award.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Tamerlane, in 1401 on this day, lays waste to Baghdad; 'Rock Around The Clock' hits No. 1 on Billboard chart in 1955, stays there for eight weeks.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Texas towns, shaken by earthquakes linked to fracking for gas and oil, are fed up and scared, want to ban the practice,
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Fracking linked to 100-fold increase in Oklahoma earthquakes.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Roswell: Weather balloon, invasion from outer space or primitive spy op? You decide. Francis Gary Powers faces the music on this day and it's Russian pop hits, Elisabeth Kubler-Ross born this day and the Mahatma eschews violence.