‘The Crucible’ set for weekendMarch 15,2013The Dorset Players’ production of Arthur Miller’s classic drama, “The Crucible,” will be held at the Dorset Playhouse for a second weekend of performances at 7:30 p.m. tonight and Saturday.
Another performance is set for 2 p.m. Sunday.
A dramatization of the 1692 Salem witch trials, Miller’s drama addresses the consequences of doing nothing when confronted by vicious rumor. The cast includes Christopher Restino, who portrayed the title role in “Amadeus” (2007), and Denny Rogers, who garnered praise as Mr. Sowerberry in “Oliver.”
Tickets will be $20 for adults and $10 for those under 19 and are available through the box office at 867-5777. For more information about or to become a member of The Dorset Players, please visit dorsetplayers.org.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Well diggers in Cardiff, New York, find what is thought to be the petrified body of a 10-foot-tall man, perfectly preserved after thousands of years, which becomes a popular roadside attraction until proven to be a fake.
- Pittsford Haunted House
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1720, 'Calico Jack' Rackham, Caribbean pirate and early feminist, known for recruiting women to his crew and for fabric decorating skills after creating 'Jolly Roger' flag, is captured by the British Royal Navy.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1307, King Phillip the Fair of France orders hundreds of Knights Templar rounded up and arrested, charged with heresy, tortured until they confess; on this day in 1917, thousands see miracle of Our Lady of Fatima.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont has a new state Supreme Court Justice; city hospital says it can save plenty by upgrading its lights and trucking in natural gas; Springfield has a new town manager, former West Rutland guy, Tom Yennerall.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Solarfest likely to be on hold until at least 2016, Great Dane involved in theft of an $89,000 shotgun leads police to the thieves, PSB will not reopen VGS pipeline case, prosecutors want evidence in body-packing drug case.