Frederick G. ChioffiMarch 14,2013
Frederick G. ChioffiFrederick G. Chioffi
BURLINGTON — Frederick G. “Doug” Chioffi, age 67, died Saturday, March 9, 2013, at the FAHC, due to complications from surgery.
He was born in Rutland, Vt., the son of Frederick and Gertrude Chioffi. Doug was a graduate of Immaculate Heart of Mary School, Mount St. Joseph Academy, The University of Vermont and The University of Maine, School of Law.
He received a commission in the United States Army and proudly served his country as an officer in the Vietnam War until Medevaced to the hospital at Camp Zama, Japan.
Although infused with a sometimes misunderstood, uniquely wry sense of humor, Doug also had a generous, tender heart and a kind and giving soul. He will be remembered by the people that loved him as a person of extreme inner strength and despite many adversities, he had the ability to persevere.
There will be no viewing or formal services. A party in celebration of his life will be scheduled at a later date.
In lieu of donations, please extend kindness and understanding to someone in need.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1618, English author, poet, soldier, adventurer Sir Walter Raleigh is beheaded for conspiring to overthrow King James I, but more likely to mollify offenses to Spain. His executioner has to implore him for silence.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1492, Italian explorer, admiral of the ocean sea, Christopher Columbus, sailing for the Spanish crown, 'discovers' Cuba; on this day in 1964, U.S. officials deny American involvement in bombing North Vietnam.
- Video: Fire engulfs house on Pine Street
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1936, Mrs. Wallis Warfield Spencer Simpson, mistress of King Edward VIII, is granted her second divorce, enabling her to marry the king. The government, the Church of England and the London Times have another idea.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: V-2 No. 13, launched this day in 1946 from White Sands, New Mexico, takes first photographs of Earth from the edge of the planet's outer atmosphere; 1947: Walt Disney testifies before HUAC, names employees he says are communists.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont's brand discussed at Killington, state's attorney candidates Marc Brierre and Rose Kennedy profiled, Curtis reports about Rutland police chief's new job, and four arrested, charged for heroin, crack sales.