Carole A. WoodsMarch 14,2013
Carole A. WoodsCarole A. Woods
WEST RUTLAND — Carole Anne “Caroline” Woods, 67, of West Rutland passed away Wednesday, March 13, 2013, at her home, with her family at her side.
She was born in Proctor, June 29, 1945, the daughter of Felix and Anna Mae (Harrison) Geryk.
Caroline attended St. Stanislaus School and was a graduate of West Rutland High School class of 1963.
She was married January 15, 1967, to Donald E. Woods Sr.
She was a member of St. Bridget’s Church.
Caroline and her husband are the owners and operators of Sweet Caroline’s Restaurant in West Rutland where she greeted her customers with a warm smile. She was loving and caring and always shared gifts with the children.
She enjoyed her family, her dogs and trips to the casinos.
Surviving are her husband, Don of West Rutland; her son, Donald E. Woods Jr. of West Rutland; her daughter, Karen A. Woods of Waterbury; her brother, Robert Geryk and his wife Veronica of West Rutland; nieces and nephews.
Funeral services will be held Friday at 1:00 p.m. at St. Bridget’s Church in West Rutland. Officiating will be Rev. Vincent Coppola, pastor.
Burial will be at a later date in St. Bridget’s Cemetery.
Visiting hours will be held Thursday (today) from 3:00 to 7:00 p.m. at Clifford Funeral Home in Rutland.
Contributions may be made to the Foley Cancer Center at RRMC or to Rutland County Humane Society.
In observance of Caroline’s funeral services, Sweet Caroline’s Restaurant will be closed all day Friday, reopening Saturday at 7:00 a.m.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: America's feet getting bigger than ever, and Americans keep jamming their feet into small sized shoes. Wake up, America!
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Vanessa Williams resigns from Miss America pageant after Bob Guccione publishes nude photos of her in Penthouse magazine and Hefner takes the high road; on this day in 1995, Alan Hale and Thomas Bopp discover a new comet.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Brandon voters decide fate of proposed budget, calls to police for service on complaints have fallen to new low, city woman who spray painted a response to vandals on her sidewalk is cited for mischief.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: National survey ranks Vermont kids' well-being in second place, Springfield takes up anti-loitering ordinance, Rutland debate taxis, Fair Haven woman is arrested in Rutland for prostitution.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather and news: Research scientists say schizophrenia and marijuana use linked. Are marijuana smokers schizophrenic or are schizophrenics more disposed toward marijuana use?