Carole A. WoodsMarch 14,2013
Carole A. WoodsCarole A. Woods
WEST RUTLAND — Carole Anne “Caroline” Woods, 67, of West Rutland passed away Wednesday, March 13, 2013, at her home, with her family at her side.
She was born in Proctor, June 29, 1945, the daughter of Felix and Anna Mae (Harrison) Geryk.
Caroline attended St. Stanislaus School and was a graduate of West Rutland High School class of 1963.
She was married January 15, 1967, to Donald E. Woods Sr.
She was a member of St. Bridget’s Church.
Caroline and her husband are the owners and operators of Sweet Caroline’s Restaurant in West Rutland where she greeted her customers with a warm smile. She was loving and caring and always shared gifts with the children.
She enjoyed her family, her dogs and trips to the casinos.
Surviving are her husband, Don of West Rutland; her son, Donald E. Woods Jr. of West Rutland; her daughter, Karen A. Woods of Waterbury; her brother, Robert Geryk and his wife Veronica of West Rutland; nieces and nephews.
Funeral services will be held Friday at 1:00 p.m. at St. Bridget’s Church in West Rutland. Officiating will be Rev. Vincent Coppola, pastor.
Burial will be at a later date in St. Bridget’s Cemetery.
Visiting hours will be held Thursday (today) from 3:00 to 7:00 p.m. at Clifford Funeral Home in Rutland.
Contributions may be made to the Foley Cancer Center at RRMC or to Rutland County Humane Society.
In observance of Caroline’s funeral services, Sweet Caroline’s Restaurant will be closed all day Friday, reopening Saturday at 7:00 a.m.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.