David Gibson Jr.March 14,2013David Gibson Jr.
BRANDON — The private graveside service for David Gibson Jr., 88, who died March 8, 2013, was held Wednesday, March 13, in Pine Hill Cemetery.
The Rev. Richard White, pastor of Brandon Congregational Church, officiated.
Brandon American Legion Post 44 provided a Legion service, as well as color and honor guards. Burt Reynolds sounded taps. Vermont Army National Guard Sgt. Angelo Pasquelle presented the American flag to the widow.
A celebration of his life will be held at 2 p.m. Saturday, March 16, at Brandon Congregational Church, followed by a reception in the church hall.
Arrangements were under the direction of the Miller & Ketcham Funeral Home in Brandon.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Ever wonder why the otherwise straight-lined Appalachian chain's got a big crimp in it in Pennsylvania and and New York?
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Scott Milne opens campaign for governor's office, crime statistics fall in city, new home for homeless prevention center, traffic cameras are not watching you, capital panel hears testimony about protecting children.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: America's feet getting bigger than ever, and Americans keep jamming their feet into small sized shoes. Wake up, America!
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Vanessa Williams resigns from Miss America pageant after Bob Guccione publishes nude photos of her in Penthouse magazine and Hefner takes the high road; on this day in 1995, Alan Hale and Thomas Bopp discover a new comet.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Brandon voters decide fate of proposed budget, calls to police for service on complaints have fallen to new low, city woman who spray painted a response to vandals on her sidewalk is cited for mischief.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.