Linda TilleyMarch 13,2013Linda Tilley
HUNTINGTON BEACH, Calif. — Linda Tilley, at age 69, passed away February 26, 2013, at her home in Huntington Beach, Calif.
She was born on October 19, 1943, in Springfield, Vt., to Walter and Margaret (Sherer) Bixby.
Linda grew up in Proctorsville, Vt. She graduated from Black River High School in Ludlow, Vt., in 1961. After high school, she attended the School of Nursing at Mary Hitchcock Memorial Hospital in Hanover, N.H., where she received her nursing degree in 1964.
Linda worked for St. Joseph’s Hospital in Orange County, Calif., as a prenatal registered nurse for 35 years. She retired in 2010 with a 35-plus-year career in nursing.
Linda was preceded in death by her parents, Walter and Margaret Bixby, and sister Beverly Dean. Linda is survived by her nieces and nephews, Richard Harwood, Paula Harwood, Mark Harwood, Eugene Dean and other relatives.
A memorial service will be held at Gethsemane Episcopal Church in Proctorsville, Vt., on April 27, 2013, at 2:00 p.m. The family will be greeting friends and relatives after her service at the parish hall next to the church.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Gulf wildlife still dying from 2010 BP oil spill, Veena in Cabo San Lucas, Gertrude Stein on family living, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Police officer identified in deadly Brattleboro shooting, school consolidation boosters silent on savings, lawmakers nix legal marijuana for PTSD and scrap yard helps solve half-ton heist.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Coyotes are true American survivors, Veena on Narragansett Pier, Vladimir Nabokov in Paris.