Florence L. BrusoMarch 13,2013Florence L. Bruso
BENNINGTON — Florence Louise Bruso, 74, died Monday, March 11, 2013, at Centers for Living and Rehabilitation in Bennington, following a long illness.
She was born in Bennington, March 24, 1938, the daughter of Lena (Sweet) and Charles Augustus Bruso, and received her education locally.
She married Francis Fred Brooks Oct. 25, 1980.
In earlier years, Ms. Bruso was employed at the Bennington Health and Rehabilitation Center Laundry Department.
She enjoyed watching television and coloring.
Survivors include four daughters, Theresa Wylie of Norwich, Conn., Karen Holbrook of Houston, Texas, Patricia Fontaine of Fall River, Mass., and Frieda Holbrook of Kansas City, Mo.; two grandchildren and a great-granddaughter; a sister, Georgianna Carter of North Bennington; several nieces, nephews and cousins. She was predeceased by two siblings, Grace Stone and Charles Bruso.
The funeral will begin with a prayer at 10:30 a.m. Thursday, March 14, at the Mahar and Son Funeral Home, followed by the 11 a.m. Mass at Sacred Heart St. Francis de Sales Church.
Burial will be in White Chapel Cemetery.
Friends may call from 5 to 7 p.m. Wednesday, March 13, at the funeral home.
Memorial contributions may be made to Vermont Heart Association or Alzheimers Association, in care of Mahar and Son Funeral Home, 628 Main St., Bennington, VT 05201.
For online condolences, visit www.maharandsonfuneralhome.net.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.