Josephine AbatiellMarch 10,2013Josephine Abatiell Rites
A funeral Mass for Josephine “Josie” Abatiell, 88, who died March 6, 2013, was celebrated Friday, March 8, in Christ the King Church.
Officiating was the Rev. Justin Baker, pastor.
Private burial followed in Calvary Cemetery.
Karen Burgess was vocalist. William Gower-Johnson was organist.
Eulogist was Patrick Abatiell Jr.
Bearers were Joanne Cillo, Eugenia Cooke, Joe Duskiewicz, Ethan Abatiell, R. Michael Abatiell and Evan O’Rourke.
A reception followed in Engle Hall.
Memorial contributions may be made to Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation, care of Clifford Funeral Home, 2 Washington St., Rutland, VT 05701.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.